Here’s the video of my talk earlier this month in Grand Rapids. It was sponsored by the Alliance of Orthodox Christians, a non-profit Orthodox lay ministry devoted to lay spiritual formation and catechesis.
On Tuesday night, I gave a talk in Grand Rapids, MI titled “10 Lies Orthodox Christians Tell Ourselves.” The talk was sponsored by the Alliance of Orthodox Christians Speaker Series, a non-profit lay Orthodox ministry. The video will be up soon. For now though, here are the 10 lies we as Orthodox Christians tell ourselves.
- “We’re the FASTEST growing religion in America!
- “We just need better PROGRAMS!”
- “The most loving thing I can do is tell the truth.”
- “It’s all about culture.”
- “God loves you and wants you to be happy!”
- “The Orthodox understanding of salvation is therapeutic
- “But we’re called to live a life of ‘interiorized monasticism!”
- “Well, all I really need to do is be obedient to my priest!
- “But my priest is my spiritual father!”
- “A personal relationship with Jesus Christ isn’t ORTHODOX it’s a PROTESTANT idea!”