After 50-plus years of social unraveling, many reformers still see the “therapeutic model” as a cure for what ails American society. Or would a return to the classical virtues, as a means of healing first the person and then the culture, be the way of renewal?
Read the rest of my essay over at Acton News and Commentary: here.
- Did David Brooks Read Charles Murray’s New Book? Did David Brooks Read the Subtitle? (delong.typepad.com)
- Vibe and Vegas Show: Charles Murray’s ‘Coming Apart’ And The Culture Myth (thevibeandvegasshow.wordpress.com)
- Charles Murray on his propaganda playing field (familyinequality.wordpress.com)
- Charles Murray’s ‘Coming Apart: The State of White America’ (nytimes.com)
- Charles Murray does a Tucker Carlson, provoking me to unleash the usual torrent of graphs (andrewgelman.com)
- Charles Murray to Society: “We owe each other nothing” (citizenthink.net)
- What the Founders Would Tell Charles Murray (thedailybeast.com)
- Charles Murray Examines the White Working Class in ‘Coming Apart’ (nytimes.com)
- ‘Coming Apart’: Charles Murray sees an America divided, but not by race (csmonitor.com)
- Can You Pass the Beverly Hillbillies Test? Virginia Postrel on Charles Murray (reason.com)